To ensure accuracy when aligning objects, an overlay grid can be placed on the Page Canvas. Click on the Grid icon or choose View > Show Grid to display the grid.
Choose View > Snap to Grid to have the top left corner of objects line up with the nearest grid line when you move them.
The grid will not appear in the final project output (print, JPEG output, etc.).
Another way to align objects on the Page Canvas is with the Align menu item. The first six options align selected objects in reference to each other. The last two options align objects with respect to the page.
1. After selecting one or more objects, choose Arrange > Align from the menu (also available from the right click menu).
2. Using the submenu that appears, choose from the list of available alignment options:
· Top – Aligns all selected objects to the topmost object on the page.
· Middle – Lines up the vertical middle of each selected object.
· Bottom – Aligns all selected objects to the bottommost object on the page.
· Left – Aligns all selected objects to the leftmost object on the page.
· Center – Lines up the horizontal center of each selected object.
· Right – Aligns all selected objects to the rightmost object on the page.
· Center Vertical on Page – Places all selected objects in the vertical center of the page.
· Center Horizontal on Page – Places all selected objects in the horizontal center of the page.