The main toolbar contains the most common program functions.
The Main Toolbar
1. Create a New Project Closes the current project and opens the new project window. See Starting a Project for more information.
2. Open a Project Closes the current project and opens a window for selecting and opening an existing project.
3. Save the Project Writes the project in its current state to disk using the current project name and save location.
4. View the Project Presents a preview of the way the project will appear in print. See Viewer Mode for more information.
5. Print the Project Opens a print window for printing the project or individual pages.
6. Cut Selected Object Removes a page object to the clipboard to be pasted in another location.
7. Copy Selected Object Copies a page object to the clipboard to be pasted in another location.
8. Paste Copied or Cut Page Object Applies the page object stored in the clipboard to the current page, slightly offset from the original position.
9. Paste Page Object Without an Offset Same as Paste (8), except that the pasted object does not paste offset from the original position.
10. Check Project Spelling Opens a utility that checks the spelling on all unlocked pages, points out errors, and suggests changes.
11. Undo Cancels the last operation.
12. Redo Restores the undone operation.
13. Add New Page Opens the Add New Page dialog. After choosing a template, PrintMaster will place a new page at the end of the project.
14. Add Photo or Graphic Opens a window for importing a photo or graphic file (jpg, bmp, png, gif, tif) to the current page. See Adding Photos for more information.
15. Add Text Creates a new text box on the page. See Adding Text for more information.
16. Add a New Headline Creates a new headline box on the page. See Adding Headlines for more information.
17. Add Clip Art Opens a window for choosing and adding clip art to the current page. See Adding Clip Art for more information.
18. Add Shape or Line Object Opens a window for choosing a shape to add to the current page. See Adding Shapes for more information.
19. Change Object Layer Displays the options for adjusting object layer position. See Layers.
20. Align Objects Displays the options for changing the alignment of objects. See Aligning Objects.
21. Turn Page Grid On/Off Click on this icon to display an overlay grid to assist with accuracy in placing and moving objects.
22. Turn Ruler Guides On/Off Displays/hides the rulers. See Rulers.
23. Help Opens the PrintMaster help topics.